CAVALIERS TO TIP OFF THE 2015-16 SEASON
ON THE ROAD AGAINST THE CHICAGO BULLS
SCHEDULE FEATURES 14 HOME WEEKEND DATES, 34 NATIONALLY TELEVISED GAMES, INCLUDING CHRISTMAS DAY CONTEST AND A SPECIAL MLK DAY GAME
CLEVELAND – The Cleveland Cavaliers will open the 2015-16 campaign, presented by Discount Drug Mart, on Tuesday, Oct. 27 on the road against the Chicago Bulls in a nationally televised game on TNT. It marks the first time the Cavs will kick off the season on the road since 2008-09. Cleveland’s home opener at Quicken Loans Arena will take place on Friday, Oct. 30 against the Miami Heat on ESPN. They will play 14 weekend home dates comprised of four Friday games, seven Saturday games and three Sunday games. The Cavaliers are slated to appear on at least 34 national television broadcasts:
The complete 2015-16 Cavaliers schedule can be found at cavs.com/schedule.
- 10 games on ESPN (Oct. 30 vs. Miami, Nov. 4 vs. New York, Dec. 4 at New Orleans, Jan. 8 at Minnesota, Jan. 15 at Houston, Feb. 10 vs. L.A. Lakers, March 4 vs. Washington, March 23 vs. Milwaukee, April 1 at Atlanta and April 6 at Indiana).
- 9 games on TNT (Oct. 27 at Chicago, Nov. 19 vs. Milwaukee, Dec. 17 vs. Oklahoma City, Jan. 14 at San Antonio, Jan. 18 vs. Golden State, Jan. 21 vs. L.A. Clippers, Feb. 18 vs. Chicago, March 10 at L.A. Lakers and March 29 vs. Houston)
- 6 games on ABC (Dec. 25 at Golden State, Jan. 23 vs. Chicago, Jan. 30 vs. San Antonio, Feb. 21 at Oklahoma City, March 13 at L.A. Clippers and April 9 at Chicago).
- 9 games on NBA TV (Nov. 13 at New York, Dec. 1 vs. Washington, Dec. 5 at Miami, Dec. 8 vs. Portland, Dec. 23 vs. New York, Jan. 25 vs. Minnesota, Feb. 29 vs. Indiana, March 7 vs. Memphis and April 11 vs. Atlanta).
In addition, the Cavaliers will have nine games aired nationally on ESPN Radio (Dec. 25 vs. Golden State, Jan. 14 at San Antonio, Jan. 18 vs. Golden State, Jan. 23 vs. Chicago, Jan. 30 vs. San Antonio, Feb. 21 at Oklahoma City, March 13 at L.A. Clippers, March 29 vs. Houston and April 9 at Chicago).
For the 12th time in franchise history, theCavaliers will play on Christmas Day as they go on the road to square off against the defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors. OnMonday, Jan. 18, the Warriors will visit The Q for a special Martin Luther King, Jr. Day game. The regular season will conclude at The Q on Wednesday, April 13 when the Detroit Pistons come to town.
Marquee opponents coming to Cleveland only once this season include the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday, Dec. 17; the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday, Jan. 21; the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday, Jan. 30; the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday, March 7; and the Houston Rockets on Tuesday, March 29.
This season’s 82-game schedule again consists of 41 home and 41 road games. Each Eastern Conference opponent will match up against Cleveland four times with the exception of Toronto (one home, two road), Miami (one home, two road), Boston (two home, one road) and Atlanta (two home, one road). Each Western Conference opponent will play the Cavaliers twice, once at The Q and once on the road.
All Cavs games will again be broadcast on the Cavaliers flagship radio station WTAM 1100 AM, La Mega 87.7 FM (Spanish) and across the Cavaliers Radio Network. Details regarding the Cavs local television schedule on FOX Sports Ohio will be announced at a later date.
Other ‘stats’ on Cleveland’s 2015-16 schedule include:
- 19 sets of back-to-back games, including two home-home sets, two home-road sets, five road-home sets and 10 road-road sets.
- Three matinee games at home this season, which include Nov. 8 vs. Indiana (3:30 p.m.), Dec. 20 vs. Philadelphia (3:30 p.m.) and April 3 vs. Charlotte (3:30 p.m.).
- Five consecutive home games from Feb. 5-Feb. 18 highlighted by visits from the Los Angeles Lakers on Feb. 10 just before the All-Star break and Chicago Bulls on Feb. 18.
- The Cavs also have a pair of four-game home stands from Nov. 4-10 and Feb. 29-March 7.
- Their longest road trip, spanning six games from Jan. 6-15, is highlighted by a back-to-back set with the San Antonio Spurs (Jan. 14) and Houston Rockets (Jan. 15).
- Eight times the Cavs have two consecutive road games, twice they have three road games in a row, two times with four consecutive road contests and one six-game road trip.
- One occasion of four games in five nights from Dec. 25-29.
- From Jan. 18-Feb. 18, the Cavs will play 11 of 15 games at The Q.
- Cleveland will play 10 of 12 games on the road from Dec. 25-Jan. 15, as well as eight of 11 games on the road from March 9-March 26.
2015-16 CAVALIERS PRESEASON SCHEDULE
Wednesday, October 7 – vs. Atlanta at 7:00 p.m. at Cintas Center (Xavier University)*
Thursday, October 8 – @ Philadelphia at 7:00 p.m.
Monday, October 12 – vs. Memphis at 7:00 p.m. at Schottenstein Center (Ohio State)*
Tuesday, October 13 – vs. Milwaukee at 7:00 p.m. at Quicken Loans Arena
Thursday, October 15 – vs. Indiana at 7:00 p.m. at Quicken Loans Arena
Sunday, October 18 – @ Toronto at 6:00 p.m.
Monday, October 19 – vs. Dallas at 7:00 p.m. at Quicken Loans Arena
*Denotes Cavs home game at neutral site.