Click Here to Listen Live!
The Roadman on Twitter
- RT @SteveHelwagen: Our story as OSU will meet Clemson in the Fiesta Bowl CFB Playoff semifinal game https://t.co/tT7z89tYvZ https://t.co/LmILegOf9O, Dec 4
- RT @CFBPlayoff: #CFBPlayoff Selection Day: No. 3➡️Ohio State https://t.co/xfCTqHX7xE, Dec 4
- RT @CFBPlayoff: #CFBPlayoff Selection Day: 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Ohio State 4. Washington 5. Penn State 6. Michigan https://t.co/zSopZBmm3P, Dec 4
- RT @CFBPlayoff: #CFBPlayoff Selection Day: No. 4 Washington will play No. 1 Alabama in the @CFAPeachBowl https://t.co/GrNwD9q7Lq, Dec 4
- RT @CFBPlayoff: #CFBPlayoff Selection Day: No. 3 Ohio State will play No. 2 Clemson in the @Fiesta_Bowl https://t.co/1IrkKN5aFS, Dec 4
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- February 2012
- July 2007
- August 2000
TagsAnderson Varejao Andrew Wiggins Anthony Bennett Brian Hoyer Browns Buckeyes Cavs Chicago Bulls Cleveland Browns Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Indians Dan Gilbert David Blatt David Griffin dion waiters Golden State Warriors J.R. Smith J.T. Barrett Jabari Parker Jimmy Haslam Joel Embiid Johnny Manziel Josh Gordon Justin Gilbert Kenny Roda Kevin Love Kyrie Irving Lebron James Miami Heat Mike Brown Mike Pettine NBA NBA Draft NBA Finals NBA Playoffs NFL Draft Ohio State Ohio State Buckeyes OSU Pittsburgh Steelers Ray Farmer Sam Amico Tribe Tristan Thompson Urban Meyer
Tag Archives: Buckeyes
Before the Ohio State Buckeyes demolished the Oregon Ducks to win the 2014 National Championship, for Buckeyes head coach Jim Tressel talked to a number of us in the media about being selected as part of the 2015 class for the College Football Hall Of Fame as well as how he feels when he watches OSU games now and more.
With their 42-35 win over Alabama, Ohio State now has the longest winning streak in the country, having won 12 games in a row this season and are (13-1) overall.
The Buckeyes have now officially beaten an SEC team in a Bowl game with the 42-35 win over Alabama.
Urban Meyer is now (2-2) in head-to-head match ups with Nick Saban, (8-2) lifetime in bowl games and is (37-3) in his first three years at Ohio State.
The 230 yards rushing by Ezekeil Elliott is a new Sugar Bowl record and it was the first time this season that the Crimson Tide gave up 100 yards rushing to a player. Elliott was named the game’s Offensive MVP.
In his last 3 games Elliott has rushed for 571 yards on 57 carries, averaging 10 yards per carry and scored 6 touchdowns.
Third string QB Cardale Jones has started two games now in his career at Ohio State and has posted wins over Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship game and over #1 ranked Alabama in the College Football Playoff Semi-Final.
Devin Smith caught his 30th career touchdown pass, a 47 yarder from Jones in the 3rd quarter.
As a team Ohio State rushed for 281 total yards against the nation’s #1 ranked rushing defense, as Alabama was giving up just 88 yards per game rushing this season. The Buckeyes totaled 537 yards in the win.
OSU Linebacker Darron Lee took home Defensive MVP honors with 7 tackles, 2 sacks and 3 tackles for loss.
The Bucks picked off Bama quarterback Blake Simms 3 times, 1 each for Steve Miller, Vonn Bell and Tyvis Powell.
Ohio State has now defeated 4 ranked teams this year: #1 Alabama, #8 Michigan State, #13 Wisconsin and #25 Minnesota. They will now play #2 Oregon for the National Championship on January 12th in Arlington, Texas at “Jerry’s World”.
In their last 4 games, the most important games of the season, the Buckeyes have scored 42, 42, 59 and 42 points. The Oregon Ducks in their last 4 games have scored 44, 47, 51 and 59 points.
The guys in the desert have installed Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota and Oregon as an early 7 point favorite in the National Championship Game.
FYI- The Buckeyes are (5-0) under Urban Meyer when they enter a game as “The Underdog”.
1) Protect The Pigskin – No Turnovers! OSU is not good enough where they can cough up the football and give the Spartans extra possessions or a short field. So “Protect The Pigskin”!
2) Unplug The Pressure Cooker – If the Buckeyes can score early, maintain the lead into the second half to take the crowd out of it, then they’ll have a chance late to win a close game.
3) Avoid Burnt Toast – OSU’s secondary can’t give up the deep ball and get burnt deep by Tony Lippett for long touchdowns. Lippett averages 21 yards per catch and has 9 touchdowns. QB- Connor Cook will look for him early and often and will test a secondary that he torched last season in the Big Ten Championship game.
4) Protect and Create – Urban Meyer’s offensive line must play it’s best game keeping J.T. Barrett clean and healthy while creating holes for Ezekiel Elliott, Jalin Marshall, Dontre Wilson and Curtis Samuel to run through.
5) Release and Create – When Tom Herman calls pass plays, OSU’s wide receivers must avoid getting jammed at the line of scrimmage, run precise routes and then create yards after the catch. It’s time for Michael Thomas, Dontre Wilson, Evan Spencer, Devin Smith and Jeff heuerman to make some big plays in the passing game against a quality opponent.
6) Watch For the Fake – Mark Dantonio likes to gamble on special teams, so Ohio State’s special teams coach, Urban Meyer must be ready anywhere on the field for Sparty reaching into their bag of tricks on punts, field goals or extra points.
I can’t wait to get started today with my new radio gig, “The Kenny Roda Show” every Monday through Friday from 3pm-6pm on 1480 WHBC and WHBC.com. You can also download the free TuneIn Radio app so you can listen on your phone wherever you are.
Guests scheduled to join me today for my first show are former OSU/Browns HOF wide receiver Paul Warfield, Cavs general manager David Griffin & the funniest man in America Frank Caliendo. Plus we want you to be a part of the show as well by calling (330) 450-1480.
Today’s topics include how good are the Browns and Buckeyes really? What are your expectations for LeBron and the Cavs this season? Plus high school football rivalry week with Massillon versus McKinley and the playoff picture. I’ll talk to you today at 3 on WHBC!
#20/18 OHIO STATE at MARYLAND – Big Ten East Division
Saturday, Oct. 4 • 12p ET • College Park, Md. • Capital One Field at Byrd Stadium (51,802)
ABC • Announcers: Sean McDonough, Chris Spielman, Todd McShay
OHIO STATE (3-1 overall, 0-0 Big Ten)
Head Coach: Urban Meyer – 3rd Year (27-3)
Rush – Ezekiel Elliott (55-323 yards, 3 TDs) and
J.T. Barrett (55-205 yards, 1 TD)
Pass – J.T. Barrett (70-110, 1,087 yards, 13 TDs)
Rec. – Michael Thomas (13-247 yards, 4 TDs) and
Devin Smith (9-278 yards, 4 TDs)
Tackles – Joshua Perry (32 tackles)
Sacks – Joey Bosa (2.5-26 yards)
MARYLAND (4-1 overall, 1-0 Big Ten)
Head Coach: Randy Edsall – 4th year (17-25)
Rush – C.J. Brown (56-266 yards, 5 TDs)
Pass – C.J. Brown (73-128, 996 yards, 7 TDs)
Rec. – Stefon Diggs (29-398 yards, 2 TDs) (KO Returns – 29.4 avg – 11th Country)
Tackles – Sean Davis (42 tackles)
Sacks – Andre Monroe (3.0-20 yards)
INT’s – 6 as a team (19th in the Country)