Click Here to Listen Live!
The Roadman on Twitter
- RT @SteveHelwagen: Our story as OSU will meet Clemson in the Fiesta Bowl CFB Playoff semifinal game https://t.co/tT7z89tYvZ https://t.co/LmILegOf9O, Dec 4
- RT @CFBPlayoff: #CFBPlayoff Selection Day: No. 3➡️Ohio State https://t.co/xfCTqHX7xE, Dec 4
- RT @CFBPlayoff: #CFBPlayoff Selection Day: 1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Ohio State 4. Washington 5. Penn State 6. Michigan https://t.co/zSopZBmm3P, Dec 4
- RT @CFBPlayoff: #CFBPlayoff Selection Day: No. 4 Washington will play No. 1 Alabama in the @CFAPeachBowl https://t.co/GrNwD9q7Lq, Dec 4
- RT @CFBPlayoff: #CFBPlayoff Selection Day: No. 3 Ohio State will play No. 2 Clemson in the @Fiesta_Bowl https://t.co/1IrkKN5aFS, Dec 4
- November 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- February 2012
- July 2007
- August 2000
TagsAnderson Varejao Andrew Wiggins Anthony Bennett Brian Hoyer Browns Buckeyes Cavs Chicago Bulls Cleveland Browns Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Indians Dan Gilbert David Blatt David Griffin dion waiters Golden State Warriors J.R. Smith J.T. Barrett Jabari Parker Jimmy Haslam Joel Embiid Johnny Manziel Josh Gordon Justin Gilbert Kenny Roda Kevin Love Kyrie Irving Lebron James Miami Heat Mike Brown Mike Pettine NBA NBA Draft NBA Finals NBA Playoffs NFL Draft Ohio State Ohio State Buckeyes OSU Pittsburgh Steelers Ray Farmer Sam Amico Tribe Tristan Thompson Urban Meyer
Tag Archives: Ohio State
Before the Ohio State Buckeyes demolished the Oregon Ducks to win the 2014 National Championship, for Buckeyes head coach Jim Tressel talked to a number of us in the media about being selected as part of the 2015 class for the College Football Hall Of Fame as well as how he feels when he watches OSU games now and more.
Listen here to my 1 on 1 interview with Massillon HS graduate and Ohio State senior wide receiver and second all-time leader in touchdown receptions with 30, Devin Smith –
With their 42-35 win over Alabama, Ohio State now has the longest winning streak in the country, having won 12 games in a row this season and are (13-1) overall.
The Buckeyes have now officially beaten an SEC team in a Bowl game with the 42-35 win over Alabama.
Urban Meyer is now (2-2) in head-to-head match ups with Nick Saban, (8-2) lifetime in bowl games and is (37-3) in his first three years at Ohio State.
The 230 yards rushing by Ezekeil Elliott is a new Sugar Bowl record and it was the first time this season that the Crimson Tide gave up 100 yards rushing to a player. Elliott was named the game’s Offensive MVP.
In his last 3 games Elliott has rushed for 571 yards on 57 carries, averaging 10 yards per carry and scored 6 touchdowns.
Third string QB Cardale Jones has started two games now in his career at Ohio State and has posted wins over Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship game and over #1 ranked Alabama in the College Football Playoff Semi-Final.
Devin Smith caught his 30th career touchdown pass, a 47 yarder from Jones in the 3rd quarter.
As a team Ohio State rushed for 281 total yards against the nation’s #1 ranked rushing defense, as Alabama was giving up just 88 yards per game rushing this season. The Buckeyes totaled 537 yards in the win.
OSU Linebacker Darron Lee took home Defensive MVP honors with 7 tackles, 2 sacks and 3 tackles for loss.
The Bucks picked off Bama quarterback Blake Simms 3 times, 1 each for Steve Miller, Vonn Bell and Tyvis Powell.
Ohio State has now defeated 4 ranked teams this year: #1 Alabama, #8 Michigan State, #13 Wisconsin and #25 Minnesota. They will now play #2 Oregon for the National Championship on January 12th in Arlington, Texas at “Jerry’s World”.
In their last 4 games, the most important games of the season, the Buckeyes have scored 42, 42, 59 and 42 points. The Oregon Ducks in their last 4 games have scored 44, 47, 51 and 59 points.
The guys in the desert have installed Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota and Oregon as an early 7 point favorite in the National Championship Game.
FYI- The Buckeyes are (5-0) under Urban Meyer when they enter a game as “The Underdog”.
Last 5 weeks:
OSU beat 3 ranked teams – 2 on road/1 at neutral site. TCU beat 2
ranked teams – 1 on road. Baylor beat 2 ranked teams – 1 on road.
Current winning streaks:
OSU has an 11 game winning streak. TCU has a 7 game winning streak. Baylor has a
5 game winning streak.
Ohio State wins the Big Ten Championship over #13 (10-3) Wisconsin 59-0.
TCU beat unranked (2-10) Iowa State 55-3.
Baylor beat #9 (9-3) Kansas State 38-27.
OSU is an outright conference champion. TCU and Baylor are co-conference champions.
OSU’s best win is at #8 Michigan St. (10-2). TCU’s best win was at home vs #4
Oklahoma (8-4). Baylor’s best win was at home vs #9 TCU (11-1).
OSU’s loss was at home to (6-6) Virginia Tech. TCU’s loss was to (11-1) Baylor. Baylor’sloss was to (7-5) West Virginia.
OSU’s record vs ranked teams is (3-0). TCU’s record vs ranked teams is (4-1). Baylor’s record vs ranked teams is (3-0).
OSU’s opponents combined record winning percentage is (.555). TCU’s opponents combined record winning percentage is (.503). Baylor’s opponents combined winning percentage is (.475).
1) GROUND GORDON– You aren’t going to be able to completely shut down or stop Heisman Trophy candidate Melvin Gordon, but you must be able to slow him down and then bring him to the ground so he doesn’t rip off any big runs against you. He’s rushed for 0ver 100 yards in 11 of 12 games this season and he’s run for over 200 or more yards in 5 games this year, including his 408 yard – 5 TD performance against Nebraska. He has racked up 2,260 yards – 26 touchdowns and has an 8 yards per carry average. He also has 3 TD receptions. He is the focal point of the Badgers offense. Contain him and force Joel Stave to beat you with his arm and your chances to win increase dramatically. This is by far the most important part of the Buckeyes game plan on Saturday in Indianapolis.
2) JONES DISTRIBUTING COMPANY – In his first collegiate start, sophomore third string quarterback Cardale Jones needs to realize he doesn’t have to try and do it all himself. He has plenty of playmakers around him and his main job will be to get them the ball in any way possible. Whether it’s a hand off, shovel pass, option pitch, a deep ball down field, get the likes of Ezekiel Elliott, Jalin Marshall, Devin Smith, Evan Spencer, Mike Thomas, Jeff Heuerman and other the pigskin and let them do what they’ve been doing all season. If Jones tries to do too much that’s when turnovers happen and that’s the most important thing he cannot do, “TURN THE BALL OVER”! He needs to “VALUE THE FOOTBALL”, “PROTECT THE PIGSKIN” at all costs. He needs to know it’s OK to punt the football and then try and score the next time they get the ball. If he doesn’t turn it over, like I mentioned earlier, the Buckeyes chances of winning this game against Wisconsin increase dramatically.
3) URBAN ADJUSTMENTS – Urban Meyer, with a quarterback making his first career start, plus at least 13 freshman or sophomores starting and a bunch of other “utes” playing key roles, mistakes are going to happen. Meyer needs to recognize them quickly and make the proper adjustments if the game plan isn’t working. This is do or die time for the Buckeyes. Last year Meyer was outcoached in both the Big Ten title game and in the Orange Bowl, he can’t let that happen again, especially with so many young players in prominent roles. Don’t wait until half time to make changes or adjustments. If in-game moves need to be made, make them immediately. (i.e. – don’t be afraid to put true freshman linebacker Raekwon McMillian in for Curtis Grant and let him play most of the game. McMillian is the better player. Don’t be loyal to fault just because the Grant is a senior.)
4) BE SPECIAL – There are three parts to a football team and the one that gets overlooked the most is special teams. This game could be won on special teams. So make sure you win the battle with this unit. Field the ball cleanly on kicks. Stay in your lanes on punt and kick coverages and make the fundamental tackles instead of going for the highlight hits. Know your blocking assignments and communicate on all punts, field goals and extra points. Flip field position on punts with good hang time, ball placement and coverage. The momentum of so many games can change because of a big special teams play.
One of Ohio States all-time best quarterbacks joined me on 1480 WHBC to talk OSU/Michigan, J.T. Barrett, Urban Meyer and more -listen here- http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=2801&c=18283&f=3672103 …